APPENDIX – C
SCHOOL EDUCATION (BUDGET-SSA) DEPARTMENT
- G.O. Ms. No. 50, Education (Sert.2) Dept., dated: 5-2-1991.
- G.O.Rt. No. 965 Edn (SSE) Dept., dt : 27-5-1992.
- G.O.Rt. No. 485, Education (Prog.II) Department dated : 8-8-2001.
- From the Director of A.P. Open School Society, A.P.Hyderabad Lr. Rc. No. 217, dated : 7-7-2008.
- Minutes of Member of Legislative Council’s meeting on 23-8-2008.
- In the reference 4th read above, the Director, A.P. Open School Society, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad has reported that the A.P. Open School Society was established as a Registered Society on 20-12-1991 under the A.P. (Telangana Region) Public Registration Act, 1950 Fasli (Act I of 1350F) vide G.O. Ms. No. 50, Education (SSE-2) Dept., dated 8-2-1991 with an objective to provide a highly flexible non-formal type of education to the Upper Primary Level to the drop-outs, especially girl children, who are 12 years and above. In the reference 3rd above, Government have ordered that APOSS shall introduce Stage IV, V and VI education equivalent to classes in formal school viz., VII, IX and X respectively. But due to certain administrative reasons Stage VI equivalent to Class X (SSC) was not started.
- Due to such inadequacies of the existing Open Schooling System in the State and recommendations of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), and with an objective to universalize school education and improve developmental strategies amongst various groups in society, especially disadvantaged groups, the Director, APOSS, has proposed to revamp the Open School System in the State duly incorporating the missing links to make it more flexible, foolproof, vibrant and learner friendly by following the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), modules for the Secondary course of A.P. Open School Society.
- The Open Schooling System, after proposed revamping on lines of National Institute of Open Schooling will have the following components –
- Open Basic Education (OBE) – to be provided at the following three levels.
- A level – Equivalent to class III of formal system
- B level – Equivalent to class V of formal system.
- C level – Equivalent to class VII of formal system
- Secondary (SSC) level – Equivalent to class X of formal system.
- Open Basic Education (OBE) – to be provided at the following three levels.
- The features of Open Schooling system are as below:-
- In respect to Open Basic Education level courses, the learner will study 4 subjects at A level, 5 subjects at B level and 5 subjects at C level. The details of course structure is given in the Annexure to this order.
- In respect to SSC Programme, the learner will study 5 subjects for purpose of Certification. However a learner is permitted to study one more subject (6th subject). The details of Scheme of studies is given in Annexure to this order.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling norms, that course curriculum in each subject will be planned for 100 hours of study/time, and out of this 40 hours is to be at study centers/ personal contact classes and 60 hours as self-study will be adopted.
- The entry requirements at SSC Level as followed by National Institute of Open Schooling which is annexed to this G.O.
- In respect of Open Basic Education Courses, the study material and course curriculum will be developed at the state level and the examinations will be conducted by the Zilla Saksharatha samithis (ZSS) and the certificates will be issued on the emblem of Z.S.S. to be signed jointly by District Educational Officer and Deputy Director, Adult Education.
- In respect of SSC Programme, A.P. Open School Society will conduct Public Examinations twice a year. A candidate will get nine chances to appear in the Public Examinations over a period of 5 years from the date of registration to complete the SSC Course.
- Director, A.P. Open School Society shall issue SSC Pass certificates under the emblem of A.P. Open School Society to all those who pass the SSC course (5 subjects). These certificates are equivalent to SSC of formal system of A.P. SSC Board and they are valid for purpose of higher education and employment. However, if a candidate proposes to enter into Inter I year course on passing SSC (APOSS), he would have chosen, studied and passed the Formal school subjects viz., One Indian Language, English, Mathematics, Science and Social Sciences.
- A candidate can choose to appear in any one or more subjects in any examination and earn credits, which will be accumulated till all 5 subjects required for certification are successfully completed within a period of 5 years from the date of registration.
- Candidates who have appeared in SSC Examination in any other Board recognized by COBSE and have passed in certain subjects can get their credits transferred up to a maximum of two subjects while appearing for SSC in the Open Schooling System.
- No admission or examination fee will be charged for the OBE level courses.
- In respect of SSC Programme, a candidate will be charged an admission fee of Rs.1000/- for study of five subjects and Rs.150/- extra if he opts for additional subject of study. This will be one time fee and will include the charges for registration, cost of running accredited institution (AI), personnel contact programmes, (SSC and OBE “C” Level) Orientation / Training to all personnel concerned, ID Card and evaluation of assignments as well as administrative charges. However in respect of SC / ST / BC / Women / Minorities and differently Abled persons a Fee of Rs.600/- will be charged instead of Rs.1000/- Further an examination fee of Rs.100/- per subject will also be charged for transfer of credits.
- A minimum of one institution in each Mandal will be nominated as Accredited Institution (Study Centre) for academic subjects. There may be separate or more study centers for OBE / SSC, as per demand.
- At OBE Level the education will be offered in Telugu and Urdu media and at SSC Level it will be offered in Telugu, English and Urdu media.
- NIOS study material, including Telugu and Urdu translations, wherever available will be adopted, the remaining course material will be developed by the AP Open School Society.
- In respect of Vocational Courses, various reputed Vocational Educational Institutions will be approved and made partners in the programme. The candidates on choosing to study vocational subject will have to undergo the vocational programme in approved vocational institutions and will have to separately pay the approved vocational course fee to the concerned vocational institution. To start with, maximum vocational courses will be started in partnership with National Academy of Construction, Hyderabad, Jana Sikshana Samsthana (JSSs) which are functioning under the control of MHRD. Many more academic subjects and vocational courses, district specific, on the basis of modern and current trends, industries and vocational agencies available in the district will be considered for implementation in future.
- The Director, School Education and the Director, Text Book Press shall print and supply study material (modules free of cost to the learners under the scheme of free supply of text books).
- To operationalize the new scheme on the lines of NIOS, Director A.P. Open School Society may take necessary steps to strengthen the structures and constitute committees as indicated in the annexure with in the budget.
- The Government after careful consideration of the proposal of the Director, APOSS, Hyderabad hereby permitted the Director, A.P. Open School Society for restructuring of Open Schooling Programmes in the State as mentioned above with immediate effect subject to the condition that there will be no additional financial support from the Government over and above the existing Budget provision of Rs.5.00 Crores for the year.
- This order issues with concurrence of Finance (ESE) Department vide their U.O.No. 26818/471/ESE/2008, dated 9-9-2008.
- The Director, A.P. Open School Society, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary action in the matter.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRINCIPAL SECRETRY TO GOVERNMENT & SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (SSA) I/C
The Director, AP Open School Society A.P., Hyderabad.
- Principal Secretary, School Education
- Director of School Education, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, Textbook Press, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, SCERT, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, Government Examinations, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, Adult Education, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, Public Libraries, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, SIET, Ramanthapur, AP, Hyderabad
- SPD-SSA, AP, Hyderabad
- Commissioner of Intermediate Education, AP, Hyderabad
- Secretary Board of Intermediate Education, AP, Hyderabad
- Commissioner of Employment and Training, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, Women and Child Welfare, AP, Hyderabad
- Director of Social Welfare, AP, Hyderabad
- Secretary APREIS, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, BC Welfare, AP, Hyderabad
- Director, Tribal Welfare, AP, Hyderabad
- Secretary SWREIS, AP, Hyderabad
- Secretary TWREIS, AP, Hyderabad
- District collectors
- District Educational Officers
- Dy. Director, Adult Education
- Regional Joint Director SEs
- The Chairman National Institute of Open Schooling, Noida, U.P.
- Director, National Academy of Construction, Kondapur, Hyd.
- Director, Janasikshana Samsthan
:: FORWARDED // BY ORDER ::