Education Department-A.P. Open School Society (APOSS) – Starting of Intermediate Courses under Open School System by the A.P. Open School Society, Hyderabad – Permission accorded – Orders issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (IE.II) DEPARTMENT
From the Director, APOSS, Hyderabad Lr. No. 1315/B1/APOSS/2010, dated: 12.07.2010 and even No. dated 30-8-2010
In the circumstances stated by the Director, APOSS, Hyderabad in his letter read above and after careful consideration, the Government hereby accord permission for starting of Intermediate courses under Open School System to the Andhra Pradesh Open School Society, Hyderabad, subject to the condition that there will not be any financial commitment to the State Government now or in future, as the proposal is in self finance mode and also approve the following proposals pertaining to starting of +2 level course (Intermediate) for all subject combinations under APOSS in the State.
- to start intermediate (+2) level course through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode in the state from the year 2010-11, which is broadly based on the NIOS pattern.
- To adopt/adapt/add/translate the study material already developed by NIOS according to the needs of APOSS or to prepare. Self Instructional Material (SIM) on the state specific syllabus designed and prescribed for Secondary and Intermediate (APOSS) course in Andhra Pradesh and also to develop study material additionally, wherever required.
- To conduct Personal Contact Programme (PCP) classes, practical classes and examinations with the help of field functionaries of School Education Department and of Intermediate Education available at various levels in Secondary Schools and Junior Colleges for this +2 course.
- The admission criteria, subject group combination of languages (Group ‘A’) Main subjects (Group ‘B’) and Vocational Subjects (Group ‘C’) to be chosen by candidates, as per the guidelines given in the annexure appended.
- Study Centres (Accredited Institutions)(AIs) for non-science group subjects may be High Schools and Junior Colleges and Science group combinations shall be Junior Colleges only.
- Qualifications for resource teachers at PCPs shall be the same as the qualification of the Jr. Lecturers in those subjects.
- Powers are vested with the Director, APOSS for conducting examinations, evaluation and certification for its Intermediate (APOSS) learners, as in the case of SSC (APOSS) course. The Director, APOSS shall issue Intermediate (APOSS) pass certificates under the emblem of APOSS to all those who pass the course with 5 subjects as per the criteria prescribed in the annexure appended. These certificates shall be equivalent to Intermediate Pass Certificates issued by the Board of Intermediate Education. Government of Andhra Pradesh and they are valid for purpose of higher education and employment.
- Printing of Text books / Study material, Examination material etc. shall be entrusted to the Government Text Book Press or APOSS to print the material by engaging private printers or to procure study material from NIOS wherever required.
- The Executive Board of APOSS is empowered to:
- Add new subjects/courses including vocational courses in the list of courses to be offered at +2 level.
- Approve the study centres & vocational study centres and enter into suitable agreements with such centres to implement the Open learning Programmes of the Society.
- To constitute any sub-commitees, as and when felt necessary to deal with the academic matters vocational education & evaluation / examination system.
The Director, APOSS, Hyderabad shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT