Higher Education Department-APOSS, Hyderabad – Recognition of SSC (APOSS) as equivalent to SSC of Board of Secondary Education from the Academic year 2010-2011 onwards – Exempted from payment of Rs.500/- for obtaining Eligibility Certificate from the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P., Hyderabad – Orders – Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (I.E.II.2) DEPARTMENT
- G.O.Rt.No.723, School Education (Budget-SSA) Department, dated 27-9-2008.
- G.O.Rt.No.372, Higher Education(IE.II-2) Dept., dated 19-5-2010.
- From the Director, A.P. Open School Society, Hyderabad Lr.No.1048/C3/APOSS/2010, dated 31-7-2010.
- In the G.O.1st read above, issued orders to restructure the Open Schooling System on the line of National Institute of Open Schooling with Open Basic Education & Secondary (SSC) Level components with an objective to universalize School Education and to improve developments strategies amongst various groups in Society especially disadvantaged groups.
- In the G.O.2nd read above, accorded permission to the Secretary, Board of Intermediate Education to recognize the SSC (APOSS) as equivalent to SSC of Board of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh with effect from the Academic Year 2010-11 onwards.
- The Director, AP Open School Society, Hyderabad in his letter 3rd read above, has reported that the Secretary Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad has informed that the SSC (APOSS) Pass Certificate holder has to obtain ‘Eligibility Certificate’ from the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for the purpose of higher studies and employment and the Intermediate Board is collecting Rs.500/- for issue of above certificate.
- The Director, AP Open School Society has stated that APOSS is a Government organization, and the programme is running with the Government funds. Basically this programme is meant for Out of School Children and Adults of our own State. SSC (APOSS) is equivalent to the regular SSC of Board of Secondary Education. As such he has requested the government to exempt the SSC (APOSS) certificate holders for payment of Rs.500/- for obtaining eligibility certificate by the candidates for higher studies and employment.
- Government after careful examination of the proposal of Director, AP Open School Society, Hyderabad hereby accord exemption for payment of Rs.500/- for obtaining eligibility certificate from the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh by the SSC (APOSS) pass holders for the purpose of further higher studies and employment.
- The Secretary, Board of Intermediate Education, AP, Hyderabad/The Director, AP Open School Society, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, shall take further necessary action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Dr. D. SAMBASIVA RAO
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT(SE)