Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of School Education & Literacy
Subject: Recognition of certificates qualifications awarded by State Open Schools (SOS) for the purpose of employment in Central Govt. Offices.
- The undersigned is directed to refer to Railway Boards letter No. E(NG)-II/2004/RR-1/14 dated 16.01.2012, forwarded by Department of Personnel & Training, seeking clarification whether qualifications / certificates awarded by various State Open Schools (SOS) including Rajasthan State Open School, Jaipur and Andhra Pradesh Open Schooling Society (APOSS) are recognized for the purpose of employment in Central Government Offices or otherwise.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development had granted recognition to the central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). The State Boards are set up by an Act of State Legislature or by an executive order of the State Government and are responsible to the respective State Governments.
- The matter has been consulted with National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) which is an autonomous body of MHRD and Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE), an Association of National and state School Education Boards. NIOS has informed that the Rajasthan SOS, Jaipur and APOSS are recognized Boards of secondary and senior secondary education. As regards validity of their certificates for employment purposes, it may be got certified from the respective State Open Schools. COBSE is responsible for verifying genuineness / recognition of School Education Boards in India. It grants membership to Boards / Institutes that are set up by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or an executive order of the Central / State Governments and follow the National Curriculum Framework, 2005 (NFC-2005). The certificates issued by its member Boards are equivalent to any other board across the country. It has informed that APOSS and Rajasthan SOS, Jaipur are its members and their courses are recognized by COBSE and all its member Boards, and are valid for further studies and appointment in the Central and State Government departments.
Deputy Education Adviser
Shri Harsha Dass
Joint Director Estt. (N)-II, Railway Board,
Ministry of Railways,
Room No.234, Rail Bhawan,
- Shri Pushpender kumar, US,DOPT w.r.t their OM.No.14021/1/2012-Estt,D dated 20.1.2012, North Block, New Delhi.
- Principal Secretary (Kind attention Mrs. Veena Gupta), School and Sanskrit Education, 2-2A Jhalana Dugri Jaipur – 302004 w.r.t their letter No.F.8)28/Academic/2012 dated 13th June,2012.
- The Principal Secretary to the Government of Andhra Pradesh, School Education (PE) Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Deputy Education Adviser