Intermediate Scheme of Studies
The Scheme of Studies for Intermediate Course is shown in Table-1(B) under this section. For obtaining Intermediate pass certificate, you are required to pass in a minimum of five subjects including one or maximum of two languages from Group ‘A’ and minimum of two subjects from Group ‘B’. You can opt (if you like) one Vocational subject, from Group ‘C’, totalling the number of subjects to five. If you do not desire to opt for Vocational subject from Group C, you can take fifth subject either from Group A (limited to 2 subjects) or from Group B (3 or 4 subjects) totalling to five subjects. However, you are free to take one additional subject (sixth).
To simply further, the choice of subjects can be done as follows.
(i) For Five subjects, the combinations can be:
* Under Group-A-English is Compulsory and you can take one more language at your option:
|Sl.No.||Group A||Group B||Group C||Total|
(ii) For Six subjects, the combinations including Additional (sixth) subject can be:
|Sl.No.||Group A||Group B||Group C||Total|
If you wish to use Intermediate certificate for higher studies, it is in your own interest that you keep in mind the requirements of the courses/ universities you wish to join after passing Intermediate Course. The Entry Requirements of Certain Universities in Telangana for certain Degree/Professional courses, are given here under:
Guidelines to learners who want to study Higher Course:
- Eligibility criteria for Admissions into Engineering Courses – a pass in intermediate course with Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English as the subjects.
- Eligibility criteria for Medical, Agriculture and Veternary courses – a pass in Intermediate course with Biology, Physics and Chemistry, English subjects.
- Eligibility criteria for Admission into B.A/B.Com/B.B.M/B.Sc/B.sc. (Home Science) Courses – As per existing norms, the qualifying examination for admission to any of the various degree courses is pass in Intermediate Public Examination held by any recognized Boards of Intermediate Education/Sr. Secondary or its equivalent examination.
- Eligibility Criteria for D.Ed (Diploma in Education) a Pass in Intermediate course with 45% Marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST).
- B.Sc. Course: Candidates who opt for any combination of group subjects in the B.Sc. course should have studied at least two subjects of the group in the qualifying subjects studied in the qualifying examination. They must have at least two subjects in common. However, in the case of group combinations with Mathematics in the B.Sc. course, the candidates should necessarily have studied Mathematics as one of the group subjects in the qualifying examination.
Specifications of Eligibility:
|Group subjects in B.Sc. Course||Group Subjects in (Qualifying Examination) Intermediate|
|Maths, Physics and Chemistry||Maths, Physical Sciences|
|Maths, Physics and Electronics||Maths, Physical Sciences|
|Maths, Physics & Computer Science||Maths, Physics and Comp. Sci. or Maths, Physical Sciences|
|Maths, Stat & Computer Science||Maths, Physics and Comp. Sci or Maths, Phsyical Sciences or Maths, Economics and Commerce|
|Maths, Physics and Geology||Maths, Phsyical Sciences|
|Chemistry, Botany & Zoology||Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences|
|Chemistry, Zoology & Fisheries||Biological Sciences and Phsyical Sciences|
|Chemistry, Botany and Geology||Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences|
|Chemistry, Zoology and Geology||Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences|
|Chemistry, Botany & Agriculture||Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences|
|B.Sc. Home Science||First preference Inter Home Science or Biological Science and Physical Sciences.|
|Micro-Biology, Bio-Chemistry and Aquaculture||+2 Course with Biology and Physical Sciences or any equivalent qualification|
|Botany, Genetics & Chemistry||+2 course with Biology and PHysical Sciences or any equivalent qualification|
|Maths, Physics and Geology||Biological Sciences and Physical Sciences or Maths Physical Sciences|
|Micro-Biology, Bio-chemistry and Applied Nutrition & Public Health||Intermediate course with Bi.P.C or +2 course with Bi.P.C
or P.U.C with Bi.P.C
Table 1 : (B) Intermediate Scheme of Studies for Academic and Vocational Courses Group-wise classification of subjects with Code Nos.
|Subject Group 'A'||Subject Group 'B'||Subject Group 'C'|
|301 Hindi||311 Mathematics||332 Painting*|
|302 English- Compulsory||312 Physics*||404 Early Childhood Care & Education*|
|305 Telegu||313 Chemistry*||426 Apparel Fashion Designing*|
|306 Urdu||314 Biology*||430 Computer Science*|
|310 Arabic||315 History||460 Hotel Front Office Operation*|
|316 Geography||462 Soil and Fertilizer Management*|
|317 Political Science/ (Civics)|
|319 Commerce/Business Studies|
|321 Home Science*|
|335 Mass Communication|
Note: Subjects with Asterisk (*) have theory as well as practical work.