Why Choose Open School for SSC, Intermediate?
Reasons for you to choose Telangana Open School Society’s SSC and Intermediate Courses
- Freedom To Learn
- With a motto to ‘reach out and reach all’, Telangana Open School follows the principle of freedom to learn i.e, what to learn, when to learn, how to learn, learning to learn, relearn, and when to appear for the examination is decided by you. There is no restriction of time, place and pace of learning.
- The Telangana Open School provides flexibility with respect to:
- Choice of Subject: You can choose subject of your choice from the given list keeping in view the criteria.
- Admission: You can take admission through Accredited Institutions, abbreviated as Als (Study Centers). Science learners should take admission in Science Junior Colleges only.
- Examination: Telangana Open School Public Examinations are held twice a year. Nine examination chances are offered in five years. You have to appear for your first examination only after completion of the first academic year of your admission.
- The Telangana Open School courses and programmes are functional, useful in daily life and also they set the pathway for further studies in both academic and vocational streams.
- Transfer of Credit
- The Telangana Open School acknowledges previous knowledge of learners who passed in certain subjects by allowing Transfer of Credit up to Two subjects passed from the Boards of Secondary Education/Boards of Intermediate Education, other State Open Schools/NIOS recognized by COBSE in India. Details are given in Section 2.3.
- Recognized Quality Education
- The Open School takes conscious steps to provide quality education. The Govt. has vested authority with Telangana Open School to conduct SSC/ Intermediate Public Examinations and issue pass certificate which is equivalent to the SSC/Intermediate of Formal Boards vide G.O. Rt. No. 723, School Education (Budget – SSA) Dept., dt: 27.09.2008. (SSC Course) and G.O. Ms. No. 170, Higher Education (I.E-II) Dept., dt: 04.09.2012 (Intermediate Course)